Monday, July 30, 2007

Pedalers and pushers..


The only people movin's gonna be the sailors, just castin' their fate to the wind..















I ran across a recording of this unreleased Buffett tune on an old mix cd of mine.. I think he performed it a few times back in the early seventies. It almost applies now!


They're running out of gas for your automobile
The only way to get it gotta learn how to steal
Or push your car home til' your back starts breaking
I'm sorry now, kiddies, that's too much to take and

Chorus:
I wanna be a pedaler, not a pusher
I can't wait til' they find a new gusher
Skinny tires and wires get me where I wanna go...

There won't be gas for campers or trailers
No, none for big yachts, or even Boston Whalers
The only people movin' gonna be the sailors
Just castin' their fate to the wind

Repeat chorus

And I hope this record won't be my final,
But the company is just about to run out of vinyl
Maybe they'll go back to plastic on paper,
Or even punchin' holes in vanilla wafers..

Hell, now people you have heard my warning,
Better get up kinda early this morning
And get yourself down to the bicycle dealer
Pick out a one, maybe two or three wheeler.

I wanna be a pedaler, not a pusher
Don't wait around, there ain't gonna be a gusher
Skinny tires and wires get me where I wanna go...



I wanna get a greasel...

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love this song...totally appropriate now! I need to go home and listen to it tonight!!