Monday, October 30, 2006

Recovery sux.

Monday morning... why couldn't I get better on a Wednesday? I was down for the better part of last week with a bad stomach flu. I know it's not really a flu, but that's what everyone calls it. Aside from the fever, chills, and setting up camp in the bathroom, it wasn't a bad week. Got a lot of reading done. Got my satellite tv fixed. Watched some DVD's. And now, when I'm feeling 110% better and able to really enjoy goofing off, I've got a full week of work to look forward to. Damn the luck. Ah well... at least I have the work.

Last week actually put me pretty far behind on the house I'm working on right now. It's a huge house, waaay out in the country. I was hoping to finish up this week, but it'll be another ten days for sure now. The scenery is amazing... a little spooky, even. The house is on a tidal creek in the marsh, with half-dead live oaks draped in spanish moss all around. Fitting for a Halloween workweek, no?

In other news, tomorrow is opening day for the Red Pepper Squirrel, Beth and Seana's new restaurant in Mt. Pleasant! I'm hoping to be the first one thru the door.. if I can't do that, I'll be the last one out! I'm pretty excited for them. They've closed Lil' Mama's, their gourmet pizzaria out on Folly Beach for a few months.. partly because the traffic drops off so drastically at Folly during the winter, and partly so they can concentrate on getting the Squirrel up and running. Lil' Mama's last night open was Saturday, and I understand it was a very emotional night. Lots of folks, especially regulars, came out to wish them luck and show their support, and quite a few even stayed to help them close up. Such great peeps out on Folly. I've got a feeling these girls are going to take Mt. Pleasant by storm...

1 comment:

jamie said...

You beat me to the "perfect for Halloween" comment - it sounds fun!