Monday, October 23, 2006

What's all the hubbub, bub?

I never seem to know when the neat stuff is going on around town. I'd like to blame it on how much I've been working lately, but the God's honest is that I just don't keep up with things. I generally carry on with normal day-to-day stuff, and rarely look outside of my own little world.. resulting in my missing so many good things that I know I'd enjoy.

Topping the list right now is Once Upon A Midnight Dreary, a dramatization of select Edgar Allan Poe stories that was read at Fort Moultrie on Sullivan's Island, SC, where Poe was stationed for a bit while in the military. There were guided tours of the fort (which I know was spooky... we used to sneak into the fort as teenagers and it was creepy then) and a party held on the grounds by a local pub, Poe's Tavern. I wish, I wish I'd have caught that... I love Poe's works, and I couldn't think of a better time than Halloween month to put this on. I wonder if they were serving absinthe...

There were a few others that I shouldn't have missed out on, two of which Beth was catering for. I've no excuse at all for missing them. Sure, I was working, but a perk of being self employed is being able to rearrange your schedule at will, right? Riiight. We'll keep believing that.

In any case, holidays are coming up, and there are always some good shows going on downtown around this time of year. I'm hoping someone will put on a production of A Christmas Carol, as that's my all time favorite holiday story. I think I'm addicted. Keeping my fingers crossed for that little Christmas fix.

1 comment:

jamie said...

That Poe thing sounds freaking awesome. You should check and see if they're bringing it back next year.